Pelham’s Regional Councillor
Proudly Serving Pelham
Diana Huson was first elected to public office in 2018 becoming first woman to both run and hold the position of Regional Councillor in Pelham. She was re-elected in 2022, where she will serve her second term on Niagara Regional Council.
She is passionate about supporting local business and economic development, supporting social policies that impact seniors and families, protecting and enhancing Niagara’s natural heritage, and also creating a more equitable and inclusive governance model in the interests of better policy-making and representation of marginalized voices.
Diana is a life-long resident of Niagara, having worked in both the private and public sector for a number of organizations in addition to running her own communications consultancy business. She is a past Director, Advancement and Communications with Momentum Choir, a charitable organization that promotes and nurtures the musical talents of adults with disabilities. She worked at Brock University for 15 years in operations and governance and is currently the Director of Marketing and Communications with Vineland Research and Innovation Centre, an organization that advances applied research in Canadian horticulture.
She is a graduate of Brock University having an MBA in Marketing and an MA in Political Science (Public Policy). Her academic research focused on Niagara’s economic development model and institutional change. She also has a published article in the Canadian Journal of Political Science.
Diana was successfully elected to the Federation of Canadian Municipalities in 2020 and re-appointed in 2022. As Niagara’s first ever voting member on the FCM Board, she has engaged with other municipal leaders across Canada to set policy priorities on a national level.
Her board and committee experience includes:
- Niagara Region – Chair, Planning & Economic Development
- Niagara Region – Chair, Women’s Advisory Committee
- Niagara Region – Budget Review Committee
- Niagara Region – Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority, Vice-Chair
- FCM – Ontario Caucus
- FCM – Vice-Chair, Environmental Issues and Sustainable Development
- FCM – Social Economic Development
- FCM – Anti-Racism and Equity
- FCM – Increasing Women’s Participation in Local Government
- Town of Pelham – Economic Development Working Group